Saturday, July 01, 2006

Week 14/15: Officially Safe!

I'm officially into my 2nd trimester, the so-called "safe" period. So why aren't I enjoying my pregnancy yet??

Thanksgiving:
  • That I've made it this far in the pregnancy
  • That I survived the church retreat in early June, when I was just 11 weeks along and wondering if taking the 860 km road trip to Bt Tinggi, M'sia, and back was a good idea
  • That my appetite is picking up (tho' I'm nowhere near having serious cravings or developing a fondness for large and frequent meals)
  • That I'm not working F/T (yay!). I really cannot imagine commuting to and from work at peak hours on public transport, jostling with thousands of other commuters and having to stand all the way
  • I've started experimenting in the kitchen again (last night it was grilled rosemary chicken; before that it was roast root veg/pan fried chicken breast with mushroom sauce/a Spanish chorizo rice dish that failed spectacularly and had to be hastily buried/tuna macaroni/fried rice which I finally got right after slavishly following a recipe/fusilli with ham and peas in a cream sauce/pear tart and creme caramel for dessert). The hubby has been very encouraging. Just last night he commented that it was a good thing I'd stayed home so he could enjoy his meals.
  • Not putting on weight yet. Plenty of time for that, I'm sure. Still hovering at 49 kg mark. When I had Beth I put on 18 kg, which took me a year to lose!

Pet Grouses

  • Backache
  • Breathlessness (my growing belly feels like it's obstructing my breathing)
  • Constipation and digestion issues
  • A strange tap-water coating on the tongue that keeps me from fully enjoying the taste of my food
  • Interrupted sleep
  • Mood swings
  • Fatigue. I'm so tired of feeling tired!!

No comments: