Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Week 9: Morning Sickness Woes

Can anything be worse than the misnomer called morning sickness? Some of us have it from morning till night - like me!

Just a few days ago, I thought I was at last turning the corner when I felt a little better in the morning. But no, here I am again, at Week 9, and still needing a couple of hours of bedrest every day. When I'm not resting, I'm stumbling around in a daze, getting mini-blackouts the minute I stand up, staring disinterestedly at the various healthy food choices in the fridge, too stooped to sit up straight, too guilty to consider lying down again.

It's debilitating - that's what MS is. Now I know how invalids or chronically ill people feel. How can you feel optimistic about life if you haven't got health?

Maybe it's age. Maybe it's a boy. Whatever. I've told hubby "no more" after this baby.

Hopefully, by that time, we'll be in Melb and living the organic produce/walk to the beach/drive to the countryside lifestyle and I'll get back some of my health.

No comments: