Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Thankful For Little Things

I got so much accomplished today, and all because I had a lunch appointment with friends in town.

First thing I did was to mail off a cheque payment to M1 on my way in to AMK MRT station. Then I planned to drop by my regular hairstylist's (Jeric of Reds, Bugis Junction) for one last hurrah. On my way in, I saw QB House. It was a hard decision - pay $10 for a haircut of unknown quality, or pay $30+ for style and substance? The savings could go towards a nice drink and snack....

In the end, decided to stay with my hairstylist. Was I glad I did so. Not only was she free to attend to me (I dropped in sans appointment), she decided to try out a new style on me - instead of just layering and cropping the back, she decided to create more body (I have notoriously limp hair plus a hair loss problem) with a Catherine Zeta-Jones' bob a la Chicago. Like it :)

Finished off my makeover with a visit to the Ros 'n' Roy counter just outside Reds. It's no use asking people like me to invest in a Sasa DIY eyebrow template; that only works if you have regular brows and know how to groom them to start with! I am totally clueless AND have scanty - almost invisible - brows, so I prefer letting the pros help me. As usual, the impeccably groomed Malay stylist did a fantastic job of creating definition and shape where there were just gaps before. I happily coughed up $14 (they raised the price from $13 recently).

On my way into Raffles City for the lunch appointment, I suddenly remembered that hubby had asked me to deposit 2 cheques for him. DBS Bank is located at one end of RC and has a Quick Cheque Deposit facility.

I am a model of efficiency just for today. Thanks be to God for the little reminders that helped me get things done!

No comments: