Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Broke and Petrified

I am finally paying the price for years of mindless spending.

It's been nearly 3 months since I quit my day job and I can't believe how fast my savings are being eaten up! Just because you're not working doesn't mean you don't have to spend. And I can justify every item. Well, almost.

  • Magazines - to study the trends and types of articles published, in case I want to send a query.
  • Coffee @ Starbucks/Coffee Bean - they have (paid) wireless access and I can work on my notebook there.
  • An ACER Aspire notebook - so I need not be confined to working from home.
  • Lunches out - I need a social life, don't I?
  • Subscriptions to professional organizations - for networking purposes; can't make money without money!
  • Courses - to keep learning and growing.
  • Gifts for friends & family - there's just no way to get out of this one!
  • Health supplements - I went a bit mad this time and bought from one friend who distributes USANA products and another who distributes BettaLife products.
  • Skincare products - this was from another friend who is an Amway distributor. (I'm a great friend, aren't I?)

Will I turn a corner soon and start earning more than enough $ to meet my expenses?

I desperately want to believe this is possible...

No comments: