Wednesday, November 17, 2010

When God leads worship

Sunday's worship was amazing, and I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

A couple of the Team 3 ladies (we haven't settled on a name for our team yet) who led the singing were in tears, and we agreed that God had been present in a very powerful way.

One of the ladies remarked that this is the reason why our team came together. I said jokingly to her that it was a good thing I didn't look at her or her fellow singers while I was playing, or I might have cried too!

The drummer told me I had played really well. And I know just what he meant. I thank God for His anointing, because I can feel the difference when He's there guiding my fingers.

Towards the end of the service, as the Holy Spirit took over, I had this strong urge to just let go and let my fingers do their thing without me consciously watching out for changing keys and sus chords. There was such an incredible sense of release and joy, of oneness and gratitude, of being in the moment and flowing along with the rest of the team and the singing of the congregation.

Wow.

No comments: