Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Post-interview thoughts

Just returned from my interview.

The interviewers will have to go back to Church Council with what we discussed and work from there.

For myself, I gained a better appreciation of the work our pastor and Op Shop manager currently do that is unmentioned but nevertheless necessary - answering the phone, manning the book shop, answering queries on funeral and baptism service fees, organizing wreaths to be sent to funerals of members...

There will be even more work next year when the church is in transition, as records and minutes have to be archived and documentation put in order for the big move.

And there are things being done by various volunteers which can be consolidated under my job description, as well as things that need to be done but which no one is doing.

It'll be interesting to see how God uses my talents.

No comments: