Thursday, November 11, 2010

The fine print I missed

Hubby and I are on a $29 Cap plan with '3' for our mobile phones.

My conversation with iPrimus customer service yesterday inspired me to take a closer look at our latest bill.

I'm trying to see if there's any way to cut down the monthly cost.

And here's what I discovered: the plan requires a minimum spend of $29 per person per month. If you spend more than that, they credit you the difference (you get rewarded). If you spend less than that, you get charged (penalized!).

Not only that, our plan actually has a $150 cap limit that includes $100 of international calls.

Which we've never used.

We've always just bought a $10 ICC and used it up till it expired, if we didn't remember to recharge it before.

Hubby spent only $10 last month and was charged $18 for breaching the minimum cap requirement.

I spent $34 and received a $5 credit that brought me back down to $29, so I actually benefitted.

Two options going forward - either use hubby's mobile to make international calls to SG to get up to the $29 cap, or ask '3' how we can downgrade hubby's plan.

We've had the plan for more than a year and this is the FIRST time I've actually bothered to scrutinize the plan.

All we've ever focused on is paying the bill on time (and this goes for all our other bills).

Until now.

No comments: