Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Project Completed

Now I can say I've taught piano and I know what it's like.

I've discovered that it takes an enormous amount of mental concentration, physical energy and emotional effort to focus on one person for 45 minutes.

Hats off to all teachers and tutors everywhere! Teaching is definitely not for everyone.

At my last lesson with Gwen, we went through all the pieces we've learnt during our 10 sessions together.

I was so proud and amazed and glad at the progress she's made. I mean, we're talking about someone who's never had formal training and just wants to learn piano so she can play her favourite pieces for her own enjoyment and to entertain her family.

I thought it would be nice for Gwen to have something to remember her huge personal achievement by, so I gave her this.



But Gwen surprised me. She had something for me too!




Thanks Gwen! :-)

Giving and receiving...two sides of the same coin. The cycle's complete. What a beautiful way to mark my first experience as a music teacher.

No comments: