Thursday, September 06, 2007

What if your spouse thinks you should forget about Network Marketing?

I want to share a fantastic article I read tonight in Michael Oliver's newsletter.

Michael is the author of How To Sell Network Marketing Without Fear, Anxiety or Losing Your Friends.

If you've been thinking of going into Network Marketing and your spouse doesn't exactly share your enthusiasm, this article's for you.

Have A Contract With Yourself To Be 1000% Responsible For You And Your Own Success

Here is a question of the type I get on a regular basis from people who struggle with many external influences in their lives.

My (spouse) thinks I should just get a real job and forget about Network Marketing. He is getting tired of me ordering different plans and really not finding one that works. There is something about it that really appeals to me and I am always looking to see what I can find. I know this will work and I’m just not ready to give up on it yet. I would appreciate any information you can give me. Hope to hear from you soon.- LW, St Elmo, IL

My response....

First. With regards to the different “plans” you talk about, ask yourself these questions...
What part or parts of the different plans you have been using and rejecting, are not working for you?
What parts of them are working.

Write your answers down in two columns... "What works for me" - "What doesn't work for me". If what isn't working outweighs what is, then search for a plan that has got more of what is working. Then STICK to it!

Second. Sticking to it requires discipline, a word which many define as too restrictive and the opposite to freedom. HOWEVER, like most conventional thinking – this is simply NOT true!
With discipline comes freedom.

For example - Nature disciplines itself and we are every much a part of nature as the trees that grow and even the seasons. Nature doesn’t decide to skip a season because something more interesting comes along. It might be late or early on occasion. The seasons might even vary as to temperatures etc.

But the seasons still turn up!

Heed the quote; “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.”

Are YOU Working?
The critical questions to ask is yourself is... "Am I working?"

By that I mean....
Are you willing to invest the time in learning how to communicate with people?
Do you have a real desire to change your present circumstances?
Do you have the commitment to take action, day in day out, to achieve your desire by talking with people every day – seeing if you can help them get what they want so that you can ultimately get what you want?

As for your spouse telling you to get a job... the choice is yours. You can either settle for the so called security of a regular paycheck by working for someone else. Or you can establish your own security by taking your own path to financial, personal, mental and spiritual freedom.

In my book "How To Sell Network Marketing Without Fear, Anxiety Or Losing Your Friends!" I include this comment…
"Find your own truth, by shedding the truths of others that prevent you from having the freedom and abundance that is your universal right."

Perhaps you could ask your spouse for help in this. I'm sure your spouse is just as interested as you are in wanting you to be successful and happy!

There is no right or wrong to whatever you do. The secret is to find what FEELS right for you and then ACT on it... taking 1000% responsibility for your own success allowing no one to get in the way.

No comments: