Saturday, March 03, 2012

The Purpose Driven Life...Again

It must be nearly 10 years since I first studied The Purpose Driven Life.

I still remember how the first line hit me between the eyes - "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU."

I mean, I knew life isn't about me. But to have someone else say that to me...was pretty confronting.

Still is.

Especially when I'm in the zone and feeling like everything's going my way because of all the amazing new knowledge I'm gaining around coaching and human excellence.

To be reminded that God is ultimately sovereign and that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom (not awareness, not our limitless potential, not universal laws of attraction and success) is - humbling.

13 ladies from HXUC and I have committed to studying TPDL together with our pastor's wife facilitating. We meet once a week on Thu evenings to watch the DVD and discuss what God has taught us during the week.

I am finding it a bit of a struggle to get beneath the surface of what I already know and have experienced. It seemed easier the first time.

I listen to some of the ladies share about their TPDL learnings and I get the sense that God is actively at work in their lives. It's inspiring and at the same time I'm feeling left out because nothing seems to be happening in mine.


No comments: