Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Every Thu, I had the privilege of sharing the evening with a dozen or so women from my church.

We have been doing 40 Days of Purpose with our pastor's wife, and what a journey it's been.

I have come to appreciate, to crave, the godly fellowship and the sharing of all the women who are at different points in the journey and come with such diverse perspectives and understanding.

Last Thu's session was particularly powerful. We were divided into groups and two others and I shared about how life's circumstances have shaped and refined us for God's glory. I didn't expect to get emotional talking about my childhood and upbringing, but I guess God knew it needed to come out in the way it did. It was a humbling moment.

I was reminded of how far I've come and how I am who I am now because of, not in spite of, what I've had to endure on the way here.

No comments: