Tuesday, March 13, 2012

6 Days to the Next Workshop

The first workshop is over and am now gearing up for the next one, Goal Setting Secrets for Success.

Very glad to have my monthly accountability session with Kelly-Anne last night.
She got me to set five goals for the coming month:
  • Document how I will respond to each lead/enquiry that comes in from a different source
  • Ring the people who came for the workshop, thank them for coming, ask four specific questions to get feedback
  • Ring the individual who says he's coming for next Monday's workshop and ask if he's still bringing his friend(s)
  • Think about what paid workshops I will deliver, how I will promote them and what I will charge
  • Follow up on the 2 leads that expressed interest but haven't come back with a decision
The challenge with these workshops has been getting the right people to come. There are so many variables: Timing, Interest, Other Commitments, Fatigue, Lack of Motivation...

My prayer is that the workshops will draw those people who will gain most from the learning, are ready to take action in their own lives and are ready to light the way by sharing with someone else what they've learned.

This morning, I picked up the phone and rang two of the attendees. It felt awkward as it's been 8 days since the workshop and people quickly forget most of what they learn unless it's reinforced. Am grateful that they took the time to look at their notes and refresh their memory. In the process, I gained some valuable feedback. One person asked if I planned to conduct evening workshops. I said that's something to work on for the near future and I would definitely let her know if I planned to do so.


No comments: