Monday, January 31, 2011

The Call

On 28 Jan, I received a phone call.

The kind you read about in newspaper articles in relation to a tragedy.

The kind of phone call you hope never to receive.

How the caller is feeling now I cannot begin to imagine.

Even praying for the caller and her family doesn't feel like doing much.

It's too unreal.

Like something that happens only to 'others'. (I know how selfish that sounds.)

Loss has come too close this time. It has broken through into my inner circle of relationships, and it feels like life will never be the same again.

To those closest to the maelstrom, I imagine life will assume a different hue from now on: 'before 28 Jan' and 'after 28 Jan'.

It is not a good feeling, and I pray this never happens to you.

"God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform."

May His love, grace and peace be sufficient in this sad time.

No comments: