Saturday, January 01, 2011

The 41st year

This year's motto is to be Stronger, Faster, More Flexible.

Or maybe it should just be Strong, Fast, Flexible, since I'm really lousy in all areas of physical achievement.

My private ambition - frequently nonplussed by a reluctance to get sweaty or look foolish - is to be one of those cool angmoh mums who run, do yoga, and most important of all, can play sporty games with the kids without looking like a dufus (running out of breath, not knowing the rules of the game...).

Already, a double-storey house is out of the question because the stairs...the stairs!...are a huge no-no. Thank goodness we've already enjoyed 9 years of the maisonette lifestyle in SG. Coming down the stairs, I find myself walking like my 70+ yo uncle: not straight down but at an angle - one step at a time.

Mortification.

As if it's not bad enough that I don't (know how to) swim or cycle.

I think I need private tutoring so I can "face" society (esp here in sporty Aus) and really be one of the locals.

No comments: