Monday, February 09, 2009

Overwhelmed By Gratitude

I went to the ATM this morning to get some money for the gardener for tomorrow.

As I studied the tiny balance displayed on the screen, the feeling that came to me was one of...GRATITUDE.

Strange, isn't it? Here I am feeling blessedly provided for and taken care of even though my bank balance is missing a few zeroes at the end.

Yet why should I not feel thankful?

I have a home that is perfect for us and for our guests.

My husband has just had his contract renewed.

There are redraw funds available for school fees.

The children are healthy.

My creative right brain continues to suggest random ideas and to hear where Brass or Fantasia might fit in during band practice.

My passion for words, careers, wellbeing and growth is alive and well (sometimes a trickle, sometimes a torrent).

And I still (foolishly, perhaps) believe that each of us can make a difference in the world.

Yes, God is good - even in the midst of bushfires, floods, unsolved murders and the seeming senselessness of life.

No comments: