Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My justice or His?

As I reflected today on the never-ending issues we're experiencing with our tenants back home, I consciously tried to switch from fruitless fretting to problem-solving mode.

I opened my Bible and read the following:

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret - it leads only to evil.

Psalm 37:5-8

How apt and how powerful are those words of encouragement!
Even if things don't go my way, even if I make mistakes or my adversary makes a fool of me and "wins", God will make my righteousness shine if I commit my plans and problems to Him and trust Him to solve things His way.

No comments: