Friday, August 24, 2007

Music School For Equipping Church Musicians

From Sep 05 to Apr 06, I spent one day a week at Believer Music learning how to be a better worship musician.

Sure I can play the keyboard, but having a formal qualification is no guarantee that one is able to play sensitively during worship time.

After one semester with Believer Music, I signed up without hesitation for another. And another. I was actually looking forward to cell group meetings again, because I had something new to offer. I was excited about playing the keyboard again, because I was approaching the instrument with new skills, a new way of playing, a new mindset. I couldn't wait to share the fruit of my practice sessions with my cell group members and congregation.

The training was fantastic, and it helped to have the same instructor move on with me as I advanced through the levels. My instructor had the sort of competence that commanded instant respect, a passion for teaching, patience for people who found the keyboard a challenge (the class caters to complete beginners, people who have no formal music background), and an attitude of reverence for what we were trying to achieve: a closer walk with God through music.

I'm not alone in my opinion of Believer Music and what it can do for church musicians who aspire to a higher level of excellence. Here are testimonials from others who've passed through their doors.

No comments: