Friday, March 18, 2011

Declaring your faith on FB

Unwittingly created a mini-furore on FB when I innocently reposted a friend's comment.

Here's what the original post said:

I personally believe in Jesus Christ. One facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. The bible says, ''If you deny Me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of My Father. (This is a simple test. If you love God and you are not afraid to show it, re-post this.)


I liked the forthrightness of it, so I took up the challenge.

Within 5 minutes, one friend had commented:
Otherwise known as emotional blackmail.

And another jumped in:
i agree with Thomas... not putting it in fb does not constitute denial.

it's no different to, say, jihadist saying that if you love allah, go blow yourself up...


As you can see, this is one of those emotional topics that can divide friends and create enemies.

But I have a clear conscience. I reposted with only the intention of declaring my personal faith. Not of deriding anyone else's views or of being a scaremonger.

So I am resting in God's supreme power and grace and ability to turn bad into good.

The word that He sends out will not return to Him void.

No comments: