Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The 15-second Commercial

Have been listening to Michael Oliver's MiSales audio CDs in the car.

Today, I did my first 15-second commercial at the gym.

Chatting with a newbie to the Body Vive class, I was asked what I do for a living.

I did almost word-for-word as suggested by MO. That is, put my business front and center by positioning it in terms of how what I do benefits people.

"You know how lots of popular brands of skincare and cosmetics contain harmful chemicals that get absorbed into our skin? I help people by distributing skincare and cosmetics that are certified organic and contain no harmful chemicals. Completely natural."

"Really? What is the brand called?"

That opened the way for me to say "Miessence".

"I think I've heard of the name before," said my conversation partner.

She then shared that she uses Paula's Choice, which I've read about before.

We didn't get to chat much after that as the class started, but I've learned enough that I know how to take up the conversation when we next meet.

This isn't too hard. I think I can do this Natural Selling type of conversation every day. :-)

No comments: