Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Learning Piano All Over Again

I've taken the next step in the process of shedding my classical training and all the joylessness and inhibition that came with it.

I Googled "teach piano to beginners" and found these cool sites:

www.piano-lessons-central.com
www.chordpiano.com
www.readmusicfast.com
www.playpiano.com

They are all written by US-based piano teacher Duane Shinn.

I love his video clips, especially the ones where he demonstrates complex chord progressions and improvises to different rhythms like jazz and swing (have always wanted to do that but don't know how).

I feel like I can really learn this new stuff, even if I've spent my entire childhood and adolescence steeped in a discipline I didn't enjoy.
I feel inspired to try different things the next time I go for band practice in church.
Inspiration is a beautiful thing!

No comments: