Monday, December 19, 2011

A month ago, I was wondering how I would fit it all in: hosting 3 groups of visitors from SG who were to be our house guests over a period of 3 weeks, which overlapped with my commitment to crew at the Dec Intake weekend at TCI and my 7-day NLP Practitioner training.

Tomorrow, the last of the visitors goes home.

And I managed to keep faith with my commitments.

The past 3 weeks have delivered so many valuable lessons about integrity, serving, generosity, behavioural flexibility, being true to self...

I've made new friends through my NLP training and crewing with TCI, and I know our lives will continue to intersect in meaningful ways.

Our house has gone strangely quiet, the Christmas tree and presents have been sorted, and we are looking forward to a well-deserved break. The kids are revelling in sleep-ins, play dates and fond memories of our visitors, especially their cousin Chloe. The most memorable time for the girls is when she came to stay.

Put two four year-old girls together and imagine the amount of mischief and joyful noise...

Miss J keeps wanting to go to SG to visit Chloe, while Chloe's mum tells us she wants to come back to Aus, haha. We are tentatively planning to holiday together next year or 2013.

On Sat night, our two families got together on Skype and it was hilarious watching the two girls 'messaging' each other - with a good deal of help from the mums. "How to spell ____?" And so on.

No comments: