Monday, January 11, 2010

Had a weird thought on my way to my first camping trip EVER.

The four of us spent a night at the Great Ocean Road Tourist Park @ Peterborough in a 3-man dome tent. Hubby had meant to add an element of luxury by bringing a QS airbed. Except the airbed kept deflating in the middle so only our heads and feet were well cushioned. Not much fun when you're awake in the middle of the night trying to go back to sleep and your sore tailbone is just one thin layer removed from the hard ground beneath.

Anyway, reflecting on the camp, I thought: this is my 40th year. How about I give myself a birthday present by making a commitment to do things I've never attempted before or have avoided doing in my life?

So for Jan 2010 - camping outdoors.

Feb 2010 - setting up a stall at the church monthly market.

And for the rest of the year...

Learn to cycle.

Get into swimsuit.

Volunteer to teach one term of Sunday School.

Rejoin the musos, but perhaps in a different capacity (worship singer?).

Haven't put together a list of 12 yet, but I'm sure it'll slowly come together.

Wouldn't it be fun to look back and say this is the year I really LIVED?

No comments: