Friday, November 07, 2008

Thoughts On Barack Obama

I consider myself politically uninformed and apathetic, but Barack Obama's election victory speech on 6 Nov has awakened something in me. 

I am inspired by his ability to say the sorts of things that can rouse ordinary people to action. ("Yes we can")

I am impressed by the sincere and unreserved praise and acknowledgment he gave all who helped him.

I love the orderly, professional look-and-feel of his web site.

I get the sense (from things said about him by his team and those who know him) that he is much loved and respected and his supporters would follow him anywhere.

I respect his courage in making that detour to visit his ailing granny in the heat of the election.

I am amazed at how he astutely turned something we all use and take for granted - the Internet - into a platform to reach so many Americans across racial, age and status divides. There is no doubt the effectiveness of his Internet campaign helped deliver him the White House.

It reinforces my belief in the power of man to change his destiny and to rise to greatness - with the blessing of God.

"This victory alone is not the change we seek – it is only the chance for us to make that change.  And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were.  It cannot happen without you."

"And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn – I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too. "

No comments: