Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Do you know your purpose?

That is the challenge life coach David Wood threw me today.

Not verbally.

Just an email inviting me to join him and Tim Kelly on a free coaching call on Thu 2 pm EST. That works out to Friday 5 am in Melbourne - still not too bad, considering I've had to wake up even earlier for some other calls.

What was interesting was the content of the offer.

On this call with Tim Kelley and David Wood, you'll learn about how finding your purpose can help you answer life's deepest questions: Why am I here? What am I meant to do? Create the life you desire!

Which naturally leads me to ask you: do YOU know your purpose?

I hope you do.

David and Tim are right in that if you're vague about your purpose, it's going to have a negative flow-on effect on the rest of your life.

When you are aligned with a clear purpose and everything you do, say and think resonates with that purpose, it attracts people.

There is something beautiful about someone whose purpose is clear and defined, whose gaze is direct, whose mind is uncluttered.

What that driving purpose is is another issue.

Again I ask, what is YOUR purpose?

I find that as the years go by, my purpose becomes narrower, sharper, more defined.

I know by Whom I am made and for Whose purpose.

That makes it easier for me to define my purpose.

It is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

I do that by expressing myself the way He made me, the way that is most natural for me.

By writing and communicating in a way that
  • glorifies Him and brings honour to His name, and that

  • edifies my fellow man and builds him up.
Today, I read Philippians 2. This is what the apostle Paul says:

1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Do you know your purpose?

No comments: