Monday, May 24, 2010

Question To God: How Do I Teach My Child About You?

Okay God, I get it.

This is the second time Beth has asked me The Question: How do I know God is real?

So I know it's time.

The thing is, I don't know how to go about it.

I want to tell her the truth.

And I want to give her real answers.

I don't want to give her cliches from the usual sources of authority, but to share stuff I've actually experienced and thought about and struggled with - and of course, answers from the Bible.

To do that, I've got to make sure I know You, I am at peace with You and I am walking in step with you. (Tick...mostly.)

I've got to know my Bible. (WIP!)

I've got to pray unceasingly. Cos this is WAY over my head.

But it's effortless for You, because Your desire is for my girls to come to salvation, to come into a relationship with You.

You WANT this.

So help me God, as You helped:
  • Solomon - when he asked for wisdom to rule Your people.
  • Moses - when he said he had never been eloquent and was slow of speech and tongue.
  • Jonah - when he prayed to You from inside the fish.
  • Joshua - when he prayed for the sun and the moon to stand still, and You listened.
Help Bethany and Jordanne to come to a saving knowledge of You, to accept You into their hearts as Lord and Saviour, and to live wholly for You, however long or short that life may be. May they be Christ's ambassadors wherever they go in life.

In Your strong name I pray, Amen.

No comments: