Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Serena Recommends: MindTools.com

I've subscribed to MindTools' newsletter for more than a year now.

The articles are excellent and I always learn something new.

You get tips and advice on:
  • time management
  • stress management
  • communication skills
  • leadership skills
  • how to improve your memory
  • project planning
  • decision making
  • problem solving

What's great is that the site caters not just to employees, but to everyone who is involved with an organization. So you could be an owner, worker, manager or HR practitioner, and you'll find something you can apply right away to improve your personal effectiveness.

If you mouse over Decision Making, for instance, you see these subtopics:

Pareto Analysis

Paired Comparison

Grid Analysis

Decision Trees

Force Field Analysis

Six Thinking Hats

Cost/Benefit Analysis

Wow.

I like the site's simple, uncluttered layout. It hints of professionalism, just what you and I would aspire to demonstrate in the workplace.

No wonder it's "The Internet's most visited career training site".

Wish I'd had access to such info when I was an employee!

No comments: